- Change the prevailing mental models and remove institutional and organizational constraints and obstacles that prevent producers and theirs partners to cooperate in developing sustainable collaborative relations and enterprises.
- Educate a new generation of cooperative leaders, who have significant cooperative genius and mentality; leaders that combine state-of-the-art knowledge, skills, and experience to design, govern, and manage sustainable cooperatives.
- Reverse and transform the prevailing negative public opinion about cooperatives in Greece.
- Create social fields conducive to cooperation and collective entrepreneurship.
- Install and improve cooperation and collective entrepreneurship capabilities and skills across all age groups and small local communities.
- Co-design with cooperative members and leaders sustainable solutions to the persisting problems of their cooperatives, current or future.
- Create an independent, reliable organization that will actively generate and widely disseminate significant new research-based knowledge and hands-on expertise on cooperatives and cooperation.
- Create a fertile conducive to the development of cooperative start-ups, prototypes, and pilot projects.
The Co-opAbility Institute is creared by a team of scientists who firmly believe in cooperation and cooperatives as a means of sustainable entrepreneurial development. Our Work is to co-create, together with interested partners, system-wise solutions to their problems based on awareness-based collective action.
Costas’ mission is to help people, communities, and cooperatives work together effectively in order to achieve their goals, seize emerging opportunities, and co-design solutions to the most pressing social dilemmas and challenges facing them.
Michalis’s purpose is to support the organization and management of cooperatives and other types of collective actions, in order to achieve environmental, economic and social sustainability. To achieve this, he uses his legal and organizational knowledge, and his practical experience in the banking, university and law industries as well.
George’s purpose is to promote and fully support cooperation between and among people. His purpose is fulfilled by adopting a pro-active stance, working with and for cooperatives and by facilitating cooperative businesses in becoming sustainable.
Thanasis’s purpose is to encourage and support people and communities for a more harmonic connection and high-level collective action in order to achieve economic and social well-being.
Vasia's goal is to help develop and spread a spirit of cooperation in groups and cooperatives. This is achieved through the constant search for creative solutions, the promotion of organizational and social innovations and the facilitation of the acquisition of skills that help to establish and manage sustainable teams.